Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at IBS sites and such under Google, got into this one called Candida Support and read all their info (the quick version). I am interested in trying their products for 1 month, with the money back gurantee. Has anyone heard of them and/or tried their products ? They seem to be on the up and up from all I researched on them. Figure one month is worth trying. I am doing great on my no carb diet, just need to strip out ALL the sugars, not just some of them.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
save your money daisy.Candida, is not the cause of IBS.This was 10 years agoThe role of faecal Candida albicans in the pathogenesis of food-intolerant irritable bowel syndrome.Middleton SJ, Coley A, Hunter JO.Department of Gastroenterology, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, UK.Candida albicans was sought in stool samples from 38 patients with irritable bowel syndrome and 20 healthy controls. In only three patients with irritable bowel syndrome was C. albicans discovered and these patients had either recently received antibiotics or the stool sample had been delayed more than 24 hours in transit. C. albicans was isolated from none of the control stool samples. We conclude that C. albicans is not involved in the aetiology of the irritable bowel syndrome.PMID: 1437926Do you take probiotics?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
save your money daisy.Candida, is not the cause of IBS.This was 10 years agoThe role of faecal Candida albicans in the pathogenesis of food-intolerant irritable bowel syndrome.Middleton SJ, Coley A, Hunter JO.Department of Gastroenterology, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, UK.Candida albicans was sought in stool samples from 38 patients with irritable bowel syndrome and 20 healthy controls. In only three patients with irritable bowel syndrome was C. albicans discovered and these patients had either recently received antibiotics or the stool sample had been delayed more than 24 hours in transit. C. albicans was isolated from none of the control stool samples. We conclude that C. albicans is not involved in the aetiology of the irritable bowel syndrome.PMID: 1437926Do you take probiotics?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take probiotics twice a week, Primal Defense. it cleans me out the next morning.........even though everyone says it shouldn't have that effect. I have all the symptoms of Candida and eating sugar only adds to those effects. I figured I am going to try these for 30 days, see how my body likes them. consequently it says you can also give them to your pets with Candida, which my dog has.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take probiotics twice a week, Primal Defense. it cleans me out the next morning.........even though everyone says it shouldn't have that effect. I have all the symptoms of Candida and eating sugar only adds to those effects. I figured I am going to try these for 30 days, see how my body likes them. consequently it says you can also give them to your pets with Candida, which my dog has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts