Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have IBS-D and just started Mirtazapine. i take it before bed and was wondering how it works for IBS-D? it says it has an off-label use for IBS, but i can't find anywhere how it works.thanks all.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have never tried it. I am a nurse and give it to many of my patients for depression and sleep issues. I am REALLY curious how this works for you so please keep us posted !!! What dose are you taking by the way ??One of the side effects tends to be "drying out" so can cause constipation which can help alleviate the diarrhea symptoms. I am seriously considering taking a TCA antidepressant. Only problem for me is that I dont' want to gain weight because I am already over weight.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok.well the last few days have been better for me. i'm taking it just before bed to help with sleep as well and so far, everything seems ok, but then again, my diet is also very strict. no dairy or gluten. diet is mostly rice and chicken and egg whites with leafy salad. diet is also very low in fat. i have my fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.