Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's available in most health food stores and some specialty shops. Oregan Chai is very good, and comes in several flavors, including a Green Tea and a lower sugar version. You mix it with milk, although some brands come already mixed with soy milk. We are going to try the chocolate! My kids even like it served cold.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's available in most health food stores and some specialty shops. Oregan Chai is very good, and comes in several flavors, including a Green Tea and a lower sugar version. You mix it with milk, although some brands come already mixed with soy milk. We are going to try the chocolate! My kids even like it served cold.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Chai is an Indian word for tea. So Chai tea is actually redundant. Like the previous poster said it is available in health food stores. But am not sure which flavor Indian chai would fall under. If the ingredients say ginger and cardamom that is a dead give-away that it is Indian. You must try it

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Chai is an Indian word for tea. So Chai tea is actually redundant. Like the previous poster said it is available in health food stores. But am not sure which flavor Indian chai would fall under. If the ingredients say ginger and cardamom that is a dead give-away that it is Indian. You must try it

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
That is a loaded question. The more fat in the milk the better the chai. So if you can't tolerate milk fat or milk it may not be so goofd for you. On the other hand it has ginger widely used in India for nausea and gas, so it could be soothing for those problems. I am not sure about the gastroenterological effect of cardamom but many similar spices are I think Known for their effect on the libido, so it may be a nice trade off?

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
That is a loaded question. The more fat in the milk the better the chai. So if you can't tolerate milk fat or milk it may not be so goofd for you. On the other hand it has ginger widely used in India for nausea and gas, so it could be soothing for those problems. I am not sure about the gastroenterological effect of cardamom but many similar spices are I think Known for their effect on the libido, so it may be a nice trade off?

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
I had to do some reasearch- here it iscardamom- used in India for impotence- boil some in milkcloves - smell may be a stimulantsaffron- makes you more sensitive to touch.Don't know how substantiated these claims are

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
I had to do some reasearch- here it iscardamom- used in India for impotence- boil some in milkcloves - smell may be a stimulantsaffron- makes you more sensitive to touch.Don't know how substantiated these claims are

·
Registered
256 Posts
Most Chai tea mixtures contain some caffiene. They are sweetened with sugar or honey. The green tea version is lower in caffiene. I wouldn't drink alot of it if you are prone to diarrhea, but it makes a nice treat on weekends.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.