Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see two different Probiotics advertised by Dr. David Williams and Dr.Whitaker also. I have never tried using Probiotics but curious if anyone who has IBS has had any success. Thanks for your response. J.J. in Wisconsin

·
Registered
601 Posts
I absolutely have had success. I feel my IBS was a product of a few years in a row of Zithromax (for my annual bronchitis) that ripped apart my stomach. I'm pretty much back on track. Though now I avoid milk and have severely limited my intake of cheese, chocolate and spicy food. I'm also on hyoscyamine which tames stomache spasms and the occasional pill for anxiety. But I do feel probiotics have aided me a great deal.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Absolutely for me those were the right decision. BUT, the first probiotics weren't as effective as the second ones. I didn't get the great response that I did from taking probiotics #2. So, it really depends on which probiotics work for YOU and if it really is a probiotics problem for YOU. I noticed Dr. Williams probiotics don't have some of the specific probiotic strains I need in his product. Metagenics Bifoviden ID and Lactoviden ID work so well for me, I wouldn't change them for anything!

G

·
Hi, I think the Human Microflora has helped me also, Not so much gas?? Sometimes it's just a coincidence but I really think it's helped a lot. Other probiotics haven't helped me this much. Linda

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
The digestive advantage seems to have helped some people at the above link.also"ASK THE EXPERT � PROBIOTIC BACTERIA IN PATIENTS WITH IBSDR. Y. RINGELQUESTION:Is there a clinical use for Probiotic Bacteria in Patients with IBS? http://www.ibsgroup.org/cgi-local/ubbcgi/u...c&f=10&t=001080 Again, some people have found they help pain gas and bloating. And some research has shown this with them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My gastroenterologist recommended Probiotic Pearls by Enzymatic Therapy. I've been taking one pearl daily for over a year now. I was diagnosed with post infectious IBS after getting a parasite when I was in Mexico three years ago. The probiotic pearls have made such a difference for me. I will just continue taking them. My IBS is pretty much under control now, except each year when I come back from Mexico my digestive system is screwed up for awhile.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
mkp What kind of bug did you get in Mexico, that is how my IBS started from dysentary.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Figured I probably bog the parasite, giardia lamblia. We ate from a vendor in town, not once, but twice! I know, stupid thing to do! After a few days back from Mexico, started with the bloating, lower abdominal pains, felt really crappy for 2 1/2 months. I would feel OK most of the time, but would get flare-ups especially if I ate high-fat foods like french fries, etc. That was three years ago, but still each time we come back from Mexico, I feel crappy again for about a month. Then it clears up. We going to Mexico again in 3 1/2 weeks- we'll see what happens again. I've read and I'm told that parasites can live in your body for years. But the probiotics and the enzymes - I'll just keep taking them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.