Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a new GI doc yesterday and he wants me to try Zelnorm. I told him I alternate and he seems to think I should try it. There's so much going on with the holidays I'm afraid to start it, that I'm going to have massive D.Has anyone who is C & D tried this with any success?Can I take immodium with it if I get bad D?And how long might the D last if it starts?Anyone who has tried this please respond.I also posted on the other board with no response. Thanks, please help,Joyce

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been taking zelnorm for about 3 months...I have both C and D.....and the first 2 days on it were bad because it causes D ....but ever since Ive been C...it does not really seem to help me at all!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kaygurly16 for your input. I really appreciate it.Anyone else have some help for me?If I get bad D will Immodium help? Or should I wait until after christmas to try it?I also have a Laparoscopy on the 18th.Thanks,Joyce

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi!I've been taking Zelnorm for the last 20 days and I have the constipation problem. I'm thinking about stopping it. One day I don't have a bowel movement and the next day I'm going about 4 or 5 times. It's not diarehha but I still feel crampy and very light headed. It also made me feel depressed and just edgy at the same time. Sounds weird but thats how I felt. The worst thing is that I paid 43.00 for the prescription. I know that everybody is individual but I would wait till after the holdiays if you are scared about how you will feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.