Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had IBS-D for the past 10 yrs. or so. The latest thing my Dr. has prescribed is Colestid, a cholesteral med, to "bind things together". Taking 6 a day. Anyone else having any luck with this?

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
It is the same thing as Questran but in a pill form. you may want to do a search on Questran to pull up alot of info.While it hasn't worked for a few people, quite a number of people have had really good sucess with it.This drug was recommended in a review paper published in the New England Journal of Medicine over the summer.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 08-23-2001).]

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
It is the same thing as Questran but in a pill form. you may want to do a search on Questran to pull up alot of info.While it hasn't worked for a few people, quite a number of people have had really good sucess with it.This drug was recommended in a review paper published in the New England Journal of Medicine over the summer.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 08-23-2001).]

G

·
I have been on Colestid for the last 6 or 8 months--only 2 a day. It has almost completely gotten rid of the urgent D that I have suffered with for over 40 years!

G

·
I have been on Colestid for the last 6 or 8 months--only 2 a day. It has almost completely gotten rid of the urgent D that I have suffered with for over 40 years!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.