Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on HRT patches since December, and I HATE 'EM! Yes, they help the hot flashes, mood swings, etc., but they really irritate my skin, not to mention they get all "fuzzy" around the edges, you know, like fabric fuzz from my clothes. What a pain! Anybody else wanna complain with me?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm using the birth control patch, and I know what you mean about the edges attracting fuzzies! I get a dark square around it. It hasn't irritated my skin too much, but when it's really warm I notice it doesn't "breathe" at all and then it's a little uncomfortable and irritates the skin a little.

G

·
i switched to the patch 4 months ago, i think my body has finally adjusted to it. part of the reason i started on b.c. years ago was to help with cramps/endometriosis, and the first couple months were as bad as before i went on the pill, but i decided to stick it out.it's weird, i find that the fuzzy edges get really itchy too, and it's hard not to scratch it. but my biggest complaint by far is that it hurts like hell to rip off! i usually get my boyfriend to do it, because it's too hard to do myself!i think i'm pretty happy with it overall though.m.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Mine is usually kind of loose at the edges when it's time to take it off and I take it off in the shower or tub, which seems to help a lot. Sometimes I pull and then when it starts sticking let a little more water get in there and that helps it come off the rest of the way. Then I get to get off the adhesive goo that remains.The other day I went to the bathroom and the patch ripped off with my underwear. Yeouch!! It was like pulling off a big bandaid and it surprised me so much! Apparently I'd put it a little too high on my butt and my belt rubbed the patch until a corner stuck to my underwear. It doesn't usually hurt nearly that much when I pull off a patch at the end of the week, so maybe the adhesive is less powerful by then or the shower trick helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.