Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have written before about a burning pain on my lower right colon. Two CT scans and an ultasound have supposidly shown major inflamation in cecum area and right colon. When I had colonoscopy and then surgery the doctors said that my colon looked normal. They took out appendix just in case. Diagnosis was IBS. "Your too stressed in your life." So, I quit work and started walking and eating better. The burning pain has come back with a vengence. Vicodin or any other anti-spasmotics doesn't touch the pain. I haven't been to the doctor in almost a year. She wants to do another colonoscopy. I alternate D. and C. The pain is more than I can tolerate. I asked for a refferal to see the Gastro. Dr. Any suggestions on anything new to ask the doctor. I know what my allergies are. I tend to be B12 deficient but am ok right now. Thyroid is off. I have resigned myself to the fact that this severe burning pain is IBS. Drs. think the CT Scans are wrong. Any new meds or changes I could ask Dr. for?

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I know for me that excess bile released by the gall bladder can cause inflamation. This is something you can not see and it can be off and on. Do you still have your gall bladder. I do not and taking the calcium supplement with vitamin d and minerals (Caltrate Plus) has done the job by soaking up the excess bile and thus the intestines can heal.. It also helps to control IBS Diarrhea but for constipation it can make it worse. Let me know how you do.Linda

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Harriette:I wish I had an answer for you but I don't. Maybe Linda has a point there with the excess bile. You could ask your doctor. I wonder why your colon showed inflammation in the scans but none when they operated? I haven't had these experiences, myself, so don't have a clue.It sounds like you have a new doctor, though. When is your appointment? Maybe this new one can do something for you.Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Infammation of the colon usually leaves a bloody discharge, as is with colitis. Could it be possible that this pain is spasmotic? Spasms do not leave abnormal results in test, taking anti-spasmotics may help ease the pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts