Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm hoping someone out there can help me with sudden nausea and bloating. Take this morning for instance, started the day not too bad, if a little stressed, well it was Monday morning. Within half an hour at work I suddenly felt really sick and it's like my stomach swells before my eyes. Then the whole day I have huge rumblings and wind. Is there anything natural or otherwise I can take when I feel it starting? It's making me nervous to go out. I'm very grateful for any advice you can give.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have found anything with peppermint to be helpful, try and drink some peppermint tea before you go out or if you get a sudden attack of nausea try sucking a peppermint sweet, I am still on the look out for some type of pill that will actually get rid of it(the suggestions I have given just help-don't cure) sorry but keep me posted if you hear anything because lately I have been constantly feeling nauseous, another point is-do you have certain trigger foods, if your not sure I would definitely look over what your eating, cutting a certain thing out might make you feel better?, hope this helps!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I've got an appointment next month with a dietician, so I expect that will mean trying food elimination. Scarey thought! Sometimes I can more or less eat what I want and another time the slightest thing sets me off. I definately don't want to lose any weight though, I don't seem to have much of an appetite the bloating makes me feel constantly full. Thanks for your tips, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I had so much nausea & bloating like you described. I found it wasnt so much the food I ate but how it was prepared! I couldnt figure out why I could eat something once and not the next time or it would cause major nausea. I figured out the "onions" I was using in my food was the cause. I haven't had any onions in over a year now and the bloating & nausea is GONE, GONE, GONE!
My advice is take a good look at what you eat and dont go eliminating all the food, look at the spices and things you use to prepare your food and pay attention to your body. My reactions to onions was almost as soon as I would finish supper. I have to admit it wasnt easy to do, I took out the wrong foods many times with no success, so be persistant it will pay off. I hope this helps you to figure things out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts