Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "miracle" Miralax is causing severe bloating, rashes, and hives. Like many of you, I am at the end of my rope. Everything I try either causes bloating or gas. Anybody have any options for me.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Can you do magnesium supplements, magnesium oxide from the dietary supplement aisle?Some people find a couple of tablespoons of flax oil or olive oil (plain without food) can help them go.Some people end up going from the other end and a warm water enema can get things going.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd say if your getting rashes and hives, your allergic to the Miralax and I'd stop taking it. Your body is trying to tell you something. I've read about a few people who've had allergic problems from Miralax.MaryAnn

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just finished a new Blog @ Screeb's Blog called Explanation of Gas Elimination Procedure using cervical traction. It seems that bloating and gas distension cause constipation in C-IBS. Basically, the cervical traction stimulates the vagovagal circuit, causing CCJ (cecocolonic junction) and proximal colon contraction, causing a movement of flatus. I've been using cervical traction since 1989 and this explanation is the shortest and most simplified of all of them (only about one page).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have found the amount of MOM or magnesium supplements I need to use it way over the limit and gives me side effects too. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stacey..try chicory or basil seeds(mixed with water and honey), they dont make you bloated...they even help with digestion and reduce bloating.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Coriander is very good for you, too. Coriander is effective in reducing both constipation and diarrhea. Health benefits of coriander:Aids in digestion and helps settle the stomach and prevent flatulenceIs an anti-inflammatory that may alleviate symptoms of arthritisProtects against urinary tract infectionsPrevents nauseaLowers blood sugarLowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and raises good cholesteraol (HDL) A good source of magnesium and ironA good source of dietary fiberCoriander is a rich source of dietary fiber and nutrients, such as iron, magnesium, and potassium. In addition, it supplies antioxidants that assist the body in various ways. In what ways, did you ask? Well, it boosts your immunity, fights aging, counters health-damaging free radicals, and much more. (I’m sure my grandma said the same things; the only problem was her vocabulary wasn’t as sophisticated.)Coriander is known to lower blood sugar by stimulating the secretion of insulin. As a matter of fact, in Europe it is called an "anti-diabetic" plant. It also helps the heart by lowering bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol. Readers, do take this to heart.Coriander’s anti-inflammatory properties are used in treating arthritis. Here’s a remedy you can use to get relief from the ailment. Boil ground coriander seeds with water and drink the concoction. Feel a lot better? Well, I told you so. Coriander can also be used to treat bacterial and fungal infections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts