Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,I've been reading topics on this site for a while but just decided to register. Like many of you I have to deal with cruel people at work. I learned to not let it get to me and surprisingly I have been doing pretty well until this weekend. I woke up to my neighbor and her boyfriend screaming through my bedroom wall. Everyday since then, as soon as I come home they start. My family and close friends think I should get over it especially since I'm able to tune out people at work. But it's embarrassing, I almost afraid to have anyone over because they are so loud. Any suggestions? Or am I being too sensitive? (if I’m asking, I probably am. . lol)

·
Registered
317 Posts
They cannot go on screaming each and every day .... they should get tired at some point
) From my experience screaming takes a lot of energy :(I would just ignore them if I was you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too am embarrassed to have this problem. They can't do anything to you, is the best I can say. I wonder if they' even know it's you, or are yelling at each other. There's a comment on another thread about aromatic oils as an odor masker. I think it's the thread about having a social life. Might not be safe to use when you're asleep since I think there's fire involved--I plan to look into it. You mention your friends... do you only have the gas when you're asleep, or did you find people who don't mind? I've been too timid to try to do that. Maybe I deserve a swift kick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TanaG and Werwer for replying!Werwer, I only have bad gas at night and early in the morning. During the day I just have those pesky stomach rumbles. I just starting taking align along with silk yogurt and I feel a little better. As far as friends, some I made before I had this problem and others just don't care about normal body functions. For an update, I am convinced that my neighbors are crazy. Not only have they continued to yell everyday for the past two weeks. They started standing outside telling anybody who will listen. I could be depressed that I am isolated at work and now in my apartment community but I refuse. I will not lower my opinion of myself for no-life cowards who will tell everybody else but will not confront me (come on, talking about bodily functions everyday-life must be very dull for you).Sorry about my rant but I want everyone to be encouraged. Words hurt, believe me I know but we can not allow ignorant, immature people to cause us to miss out on life. We only have one chance to live it. Plus there are people who don't care about these things. I'm blessed to have some and I going to start going out again so I can meet some more.So keep your head up.~Phoenix

·
Registered
3 Posts
what kind of stuff do they scream?i know my stinkyness problem has made me UBER paranoid. almost any time i hear people talking, i think they're talking about me. any word that starts or ends with "s" turns in to "stinks" or "smells" in my mind, and any words that even rhyme with "ass," "fart," "smells," or "stinks" also get converted.it sucks though...just because i'm being paranoid doesn't make me smell any better. sometimes a crinkled nose and a foul look say more than a thousand words.but...your neighbors might not necessarily be screaming about you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts