Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just for info...I had checked this site out previously when recommended by a friend. I have a problem with this site, in that it really only addresses the constipation aspect of IBS. (didn't realize that till I'd checked around & wondered why they only talked about constipation...I'm D-type). It's in small print on the top left of the home page.I really didn't understand why only one aspect of a syndrome would be addressed (like trying to talk about the flu, without discussing the fever part of it).
My understanding came when I saw the other small print at the bottom...this site is apparently supported by Novartis Pharmaceuticals...ohhhhh, I see.
It could be very helpful for C-Types...hope so, but just wanted to warn anyone looking for help w/D-type IBS.Lynda

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think a lot of people are missinformed about IBS. I heard something on TV during the break of a program talking about IBS month, it stated the facts of having bloating, gas , cramps and constipation! Not one word about diarreha,now people will think those of us with diarreha( which to me is 1000 times worse than constipation) are making up having IBS. I wish they would get their facts straight before going on TV or writing articles in newspapers or magazines! There is an article in a recent magazine( Good housekeeping or Ladies Home Journal. I have lost tract because of all the magazines I read) and it is the same bull- all about bloating and constipation- not a word about D!! --- and on the TV and radio they promote how with the new medicines out - you do not have to live with IBS!!!! What a crock that is!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.