Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
IBS Awareness (Every) Month
By Barbara Bradley Bolen, Ph.D.About.com Guide http://ibs.about.comMedical Advisory Board Member IBS Self Help and Support Group April is designated as IBS Awareness Month, as is listed on the National Health Observances calendar. While I applaud the efforts to raise awareness about IBS, you know that IBS does not just complicate your life in the month of April. Thus, I am encouraging you to make an effort every month to increase awareness about this disruptive digestive disorder.
  • Raise Your Own Awareness Level
  • Make the People in Your Life Aware
  • Make the World Aware
Read more >>

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to post this, Jeff. Bumping this up.Everybody, take this opportunity to tell your family and friends. Ask them to tell their friends. Give them links to this site or other sites where they can get information. Leave some IBS information in public places. (We have or had some downloads on this site, didn't we?) We have the numbers to make a difference if more people are willing to do it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
No offense, but every day people should be IBS-aware, not just in April.IBS is extremely underestimated by doctors and those who don't have it. And pre-college teachers, don't even get me started (teachers who do not allow students to go to the restroom always gave me a lot of problems in high school, andI've never liked teachers much after that).It's disturbing how horribly IBS sufferers are treated. Especially when you hear people say things like, "THERE'S NOTHINGWRONG WITH HAVING TO #### SOMETIMES", as if it's so simple when they have absolutely no clue.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
This is our final week of IBS Awareness Month.We set out with am ambitious goal to reach 1,000 Facebook Fans during the month of April. We've climbed to 829 Fans! Thank you.Do you Like what we do here at the IBS Self Help and Support Group? Show your support on Facebook and help us reach our goal of 1,000 people who like what we do here.>> http://www.facebook.com/ibsgroup

·
Registered
976 Posts
Even though it is Ibs awareness month, I have seen very little about Ibs published in any magazine or newspaper, in fact only 2 articles, one in the newspaper and one in a magazine. More articles should be written about Ibs and more programs on the television should be done about it. I live in the UK and not even my doctors or the hospital has any information about Ibs in the form of leaflets. I think articles or leaflets should at least be found there.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know that April is designated as IBS Awareness Month in the US and Canada. You might contact a UK-based IBS advocacy group such as the GUT Trust, and ask them to also consider designating April as IBS Awareness Month for future years.Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.