Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dealing with my IBS-D for the past five years and still don't have a clear idea of what causes it. Have had two colonoscopies, an endoscopy, tried various elimination diets and other lifestyle changes, all kinds of prescription and over the counter treatments. Without my daily imodium, I wouldn't be able to function at work or anywhere outside of home.

I've tried a variety of probiotics in the hopes that the problem lies within my gut flora. So far, none of made a positive change. One that I purchased from my chiropractor actually triggered an IBS-D flare up that lasted for several months. The only probiotic I'm taking right now is Kefir. So far, no improvements but no worsening either.

I was thinking that perhaps one of those at-home gut flora tests could give me a better idea of what probiotics could actually help me by showing which colonies have low numbers. But I keep reading reviews from people that said the results were basically worthless to them. Wondering if any of my IBS warriors in this thread of tried any, like Ubiome or Wellnicity or whatever others are out there. Please share your experiences and feedback! Thank you :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done it. Forget it..Did you follow FODMAP carefuly?
Yes, I tried the FODMAP diet several times. I've tried eliminating everything from my diet at one time or another. The only things that reliably trigger my IBS are beer and greasy fast food, and I very rarely touch either. But even those don't always trigger anything. I can have ice cream every weekend for a month and be fine, then the next month eat the same ice cream and bad things happen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently did the Sun Genomics at-home test and I'm waiting on my custom probiotics. I can't seem to find anyone who has done it before though, and I'd really like to know if anyone has had some success with one of these tests/custom probiotic companies. Maybe this is a good sign though--maybe they have all found success and have left these sites? :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im looking into Sun Genomics Flore. I know this is an old post, but did you find relief?? I cant seem to find a lot of information online. Please reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts