Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading these boards for awhile, but haven't really seen anyone with my symptoms...am I just that special???? I was diagnosed with IBS 2 years ago...after many tests. My problems aren't necessarily in the intestinal area, but with spasms in the rectum (sorry for the graphic nature). It can hit me any time of day or night, usually after a BM, and then I have a continual urge to go and very uncomfortable spasms and intense pressure. It is really driving me crazy. Some days the only thing I can do is take a sleeping pill and try to get the spasms to subside...but with 2 small children that's not possible most days!!!I've tried Metamucil, Citrucel, low-fat, Zelnorm, etc...nothing really seems to work. I can't find a pattern to it, except that I find when I don't get enough sleep and am stressed, it is worse. Lately, I've found that extra-strength Midol seem to bring some relief (hey, cramps are cramps!!!)Just like to hear from anyone who has had the same experiences. Or any suggestions...I'm willing to try just about anything to bring some relief.Also, does anyone know how often colonoscopies should be done. I had one 2 years ago but not sure when to reschedule...I know I can call my GI Dr., but just curious???Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts