Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
u know, i try many supplement to hope them will improve my health,but every time i feel like jus waste money because they seem useless.1st, i take amway's vitamin include A,B,calcium,fiber.i think i take it for half year but no improvement, so i change to others supplement.then, i eat spirulina from liqua for 3 month. again, i change to lingzhi for 3month.after all ,i just eat them sometime cause still hope them will help me a bit. but now i more believe in eat oatsmeal every although it is normal food since it is healthy and cheap.however,sometime i also hope that those supplement useless to me are because of i still not find the right supplement to me.i need someone who realy have the experience that supplement help him or her to confidence metake supplement.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
http://ibsgroup.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/761...m/177108171/p/2The next last posting from me (overitnow) will give you an idea of just how many of my conditions have been supplemented away since I started down that route in 1998.It's nice to think we can get everything we need from our food, but unless you are buying locally grown organic, you probably are not. There was a study published in the Toronto Globe and Mail--a national paper, up here--that found the vitamin and mineral contents of vegetables extremely low (and completely depleated in the potato, including the skin!) from the normal grocery store sources. There are additional problems even in our digestive systems that keep minerals and other nutrients from absorbing, especially when they are from supplements. Finally, the pill itself must be digestible. I have heard stories that in pumping out outhouses it is common to find a pile of vitamin pills at the bottom. Fortunately I have never had to do that job, so I cannot say for sure that it is accurate.From my personal experience with this, I found I went from being a person who could barely finish a day's work without nodding off--with all of the additional problems of multiple daily D attacks--to being able to work a 12 hour day in about 3 months. This allowed me to earn another $5000 a year from a part-time evening job that I would have been unable to fill in my earlier condition. With the eventual elimination of my IBS/GERD problems, along with heart and blood pressure issues, I have supplemented myself back to health. You can e-mail me if you want to talk further about this.Markmsprague2002###yahoo.ca

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.