Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Are these normal symptoms?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kathleen M. 
#1 ·
Hi again! Just a quick question, I was wondering if anyone else gets horrible dizzy spells and head/ear pressure? It's quite intense and not very nice at all. Every symptom I give my doctor he palms it off as IBS. I know they know what they're talking about and I'm probably being fussy but I swear if I stumped my little toe he'd blame it on my bowel! Any feedback would be helpful, thank you.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sounds like you need to see the ENT (ear nose and throat doctor).

There are some crystals in the ear that can get in the wrong position (as one cause of severe diziness) and they can sometimes move your head in a way that gets them back into place. And there are other reasons for those symptoms. I would ask to have them evaluated as a separate issue unless they can explain exactly how your bowel is causing your head symptoms to you.

Now sometimes abdominal pain can trigger a "vasovagal syncope" reaction, and that can make you feel light headed as you are thisclose to fainting.

When you have the dizzy spells are they every time you move your head for days and days (either the crystals, or I can get them with a virus for a week or two at a time) or only every so often out of the blue (which could be the vasovagal thing.

Even if "just" the vasovagal thing if it happens often or interfers with your life it may be worth seeing if there is anything that may be able to reduce that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.