Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi EveryoneThis is my very first post and I'm really hoping to get some answer from people who maybe in my position. In the last few weeks Ive been having on and off crappy bowel movement (Loose stools, watery stools). Along with this bowel movement, Ive been experiencing some discomfort in the stomach area. The worrisome part of this is, I've also had bouts of Nausea, and retching....which is vomiting without the food coming out.....Usually the worst of it is in the morning, and its almost unbearable. There has been a lot more fatigue on my part. Also when I eat I feel like the food isn't really going down. So when I retch, the food doesn't come out but I feel like its still there in the stomach.I've been to the doctors several times and 2 out of the 3 doctors say its probably IBS. However, I'm concerned about Cancer. The doctors that I've all gone to have told me this information so far. 1. blood tests are normal2. I had a scoop sample done (where they put two fingers up the anus) where they checked for blood (this was in er) and they said their was none.3. A stool sample was done when I had the symptoms of diahrea, but not the retching or nausea, and it came back negative for bacteria.4. I've taken antacids perscribed by my doctor and they have worked alright but not so well.So I guess I want to know somethings....1. What do blood tests check for....does it check for cancer as well?2. What are ALL the symptoms of IBS3. What are some things that can be done to ease the discomfort.Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Are they calcium based antacids? Calcium is constipating and may reduce diarrhea in some IBSers.The retching is not common in IBSers but some IBSer have it.The main symptoms.1. Pain or discomfort that is reduced after a bowel movement.2. Pain or discomfort that is associated with altered stool frequency3. Pain or discomfort that is associated with altered stool frequency.Most cancers do alter your blood work up in some way. Colon cancer is usually symptom-less until the very end so usually IBS symptoms are not cancer.Usually the treatments for discomfort are antispamdodics or antidepressants (they change how pain nerves transmit pain). The other treatments are also at the how your brain interacts wtih pain like Cog. Behav. Therapy and hypnotherapy. Basically you tell the nerves going nuts when they shouldn't to knock it off with your mind rather than with drugs.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.