Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this for over 7 years now and just recently heard about IBS. Are these symptoms of IBS or could it be something else:Abdominal/rectal pain triggered by certain foods and/or menstrual cycle. The abdominal pain feels like my intestines are being "stretched out". And if I have to have a bowel movement it feels like my intestines are being ripped from my body.I don't get diarreha or constipated but the consistency of my bowel movement changes and the frequency changes. IE. Normally IInstead of going 3-4 times a day I might go 1-2 times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I accidentally hit the return button before I could finish what I had to say...So back to the symptoms:I feel extremely bloated, like my insides have been petrified and I get a jarring feeling every time I take a step or sit down...etc.I'm really gassy and unfortunately for my family it smells bad!Sometimes the abdominal pain gets so sharp that it's hard to walk, think, stand, you get the picture.I think that I can pretty much keep epidsodes like this at bay by taking psyllium everyday (1 1/2 tbsp. mixed with juice and water - if anyone wants to give it a try) but every now and then I have an episode and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to stop once they start. Any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.