Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is a little bit of a story lol, over the last two months I have been in the hospital twice and each time I was told I was okay and just fine. Since then I have been diagnosed with IBS and have been under ALOT of stress since the passing of my father (about 4 months ago now) and the doctor told me that stress can make IBS worse and can cause many symptoms. On top of that I am a hypochondriac so when I get light headed (like I am now) I am convinced im bleeding internally lol. Anyways here are my symptoms, I get light headed especially after a meal, I have pain in my and around my rib cage area right under my chest on both sides mainly the right side, I will get pain in my lower right side and sometimes into my lower back, I have tender spots all over my abdomen and my abdomen is tender in general to be honest. My bowel movements are VERY irregular, in a week I will go from constipation to loose stools several times. Stabbing pains in upper abdomen, the list is endless. So my question is can these really be from IBS or is it something more serious? I am having these pains even as I type this, if its not in one place the pain is somewhere else, right now I am mainly worried about my appendix because my lower right abdomen has been hurting for a few days now random sharp pains with pulsate down there and will sometimes travel to my groin. So again being a hypo Im convinced im dying right now lol, I also have a soar throat and a headache so of course im convinced im dying. So I could really use some help from others who have IBS to hopefully give me some peace of mind :).

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Yes, that much pain and those descriptors of pain with irregular stools pretty much defines IBS.

Pain varies, but can be everywhere the colon is which is all around the abdomen so pain can be pretty much anywhere.

The certain you are dying worry thing is probably making everything much worse than it would be if you had that under control. Have you ever talked to anyone about dealing with the stress and anxiety more effectively?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.