Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or are new people coming on to this board at a faster rate than usual? Do you suppose that this is due to the increased publicity from the Grammer's and the drug study stories?I was diagnosed as spring approached back in 1993. I wonder if this time of year is typical for some reason?Whatever it is, the more the merrier!Come on board & I'll tell all of you newbies what I keep pushing on everyone else...Read: IBS Relief; A Doctor, Dietican, and Psychologist Provide a Team Approach to Manage the Irritable Bowel.Trust me, I'm not an author or publisher (I wish). I just find it to be the best book on the matter...and if you haven't been to a doctor yet, it does an especially GREAT job of preparing you for the appointment(s).Good health to all!Steve

G

·
maybe it is due to the ibs awareness month coming up in April!!
we should hang out banners in the streets with this web address on saying "come and join us on the internet - where no-one can hear you fart" !!!
lol

G

·
Steve, I was struck by the same thing, it's great that people are finding this board. I have to plug my favorite book the "Brain/Gut, Mind/Body Connection". If I had limitless supplies of money I would buy many more including the one you like! Jackie

G

·
Steve E I guess I'm a newbie but I have a IBS for 22 years !!! Thank Heavens I found this website !!! What is the name of the author of the book you mentioned, Please ? I am trying to read everything I can get my hands on. Thanks

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turnbull, Geoffrey // Joint Author: Burstall, Dawn are the authors.BTW: Dr. Turnbull actually returned some e-mail I sent to complement him the book. I believe I invited him to join our bulletin board. Perhaps he is a lurkerI'll note here also that as great a book as it is, I really had to read it twice because I thought I was following the recommendations and not seeing results, but after a second read-through, I realized that I had forgotten some key components to the programs suggested. I'm happy to say that when I incorporated those changes, the improvement came fast & furious. Still no where near 100%, but I'm much more a participant in life and less of a spectator now!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that I was getting a lot of emails from people who had visited my website, though I counldn't figure out how. Then I realized they were all from AOL, so I looked at the AOL Search pages for IBS and found my page has been listed at the 75% range, and I am getting about 10-20 hits a day if my counter is working right. All I know is 3 weeks ago it was in the 200's (after having the page up several months) and now it's almost 500 after a couple weeks. I have links to the boards and have emailed some of the ladies back who signed my guestbook. I hope I can claim a couple of the newbies --LOL! However you newbies are finding us, I say WELCOME and You are NOT alone! Oh, if anyone has any more recipes for my website, please email me and let me know? I have been neglecting that page! www.jps.net/gracem/cathy.htm

·
Registered
781 Posts
I suppose I'm a newbie too although I've been reading this site for a year or so. I hope that newbie doesn't have some kind of stigma and the oldtimers will still respond to us..in fact I feel a post coming on...Jane

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jane93--no stigma here! We LOVE the participation & we love to help where possible. I guess that's one of my concerns...I think as a group we TRY to post to the newbie posts to make them feel welcome and encourage them to continue particpating, but there could come a point where it is hard to keep up. I hope newbies who don't get the responses they're looking for will lurk a bit and search the archives some.

G

·
Well said Steve - the more the merrier!
In quieter times it's easy to welcome every new person to the board, but sometimes there just isn't the time. Often, when a lot of new people join at the same time, it is difficult to reply to all of them at once, so I usually make a point of looking for those posts where I can pass on some useful information, or someone who hasn't yet received any replies, to "bump" their post to the top.
Enna - LOL!!
Julie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts