Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im new to this site but felt i had to do something as im at my wits end, im 35yrs old and have had constant bloating for the last 2 yrs, my doc told me i had ibs and prescribed colpermin which didnt help,i had a scan on my stomach which didnt show anything up, i have tried to eliminate certain foods etc and i have to get 2 sizes bigger in clothes than i nd just so i can fasten them around my stomach if one more person asks me if im pregnant im gona scream, i dont know what to do anymore my confidence is at a low, i feel awfull and hate shopping for clothes my partner is very understanding but how much longer do i have to tolerate this why dont docs know what the cures are? why do we kp getting fobbed off?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh gosh I know how you feel. I look like I'm seven months preggers and it's worse during the time of the month. When I got IBS years ago I had to donate all my clothes and buy floaty tops . Thank goodness they hide my inflated stomache .When it's windy outside though and too warm to wear a jacket I'm horrified someone will see my stomache when my shirt gets blown against my stomache . I can no longer wear fitted clothes or else people will think I'm pregnant. Lately though I haven't seen any floaty tops where I live so I don't even know if I'll be able to buy any again. I was able to buy a lot of discounted ones when they became trendy.Now I hate shopping too. It's so embarrasing. I honestly can't believe there's no cure. It's 2010 already. I tried peppermint oil capsules too. All they did was give me severe cramps gas bloat and d.
This is depressing for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanx for replying, ive just bn to docs once again they are going to do some more blood tests to see if i have caelic disease or whatever that is? i dont think we should have to suffer like this in 2010,its debilitating and does interfere with your quality of life, also i have bn trying for a baby for the last 8 mnths no such joy yet but at least id have a reason for the big stomach

·
Registered
13 Posts
Celiac disease is a autoimmune disorder of the small intestine.I thought for sure I had it and then I get dianosed with IBS after all the tests which is even worse! By now there should be cures for all illnesses. Good luck on trying to conceive since that's not easy sadly with stomache probs and I hope you blood work is ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts