Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I was told that IBS can effect a person from the top of the esophogus to the retcum. I seem to have more problems in my throat and stomach area vs. bowel trouble. Is anyone else bother with more trouble in the upper area?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes, Yes, Yes, I have the same problem. When my IBS started 5 years ago, I had alot of D, now it seems the past 2 years that ALL my symptoms are in my stomach, I also have GERD & cronic indigestion. I cant eat anything at all past 7 pm otherwise I get nausea all night long. I take prilosec daily now for the past 2 months & it has helped a great deal. I feel alot better, no stomach upset unless I eat "tomato based pasta sauce". I dont know what is in there that makes me sick but it does. I can eat fresh or canned tomatoes but not spaghetti sauce. Also since I have been eating "home made" foods, I'm so much better. I think the preservative, additives & spices in the package food really hits me in the stomach. I hope you find some help from this info, but dont expect results overnight, it takes time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts