Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
proTract® IBS â€" for the relief of symptoms of medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome• Is the FIRST, specifically designed Enteric Bacteria Inhibitor which targets a potential trigger of the symptoms of medically diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome• Relieves a full range of symptoms thereby providing a program for controlling and maintaining Quality of Life for medically diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome sufferers• It contains PCC® which is the Enteric Bacteria Inhibitor which targets a trigger of the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome• Significantly reduces the severity of Irritable Bowel Syndrome related diarrhoea, constipation, variable bowel movements, flatulants and abdominal pain• Is well tolerated and in clinical trial recorded no specific adverse events• Has been demonstrated to target a full range of symptoms providing a simple programme to help manage the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It thus has a significant advantage over those products which treat individual symptoms only and may have adverse side effects• Is based on an Australian scientific innovation by a public Australian company - Probiomics Ltd...proTract® IBS - Targeting a potential trigger of IBS symptoms: Research to date has not been able to identify the cause of IBS. However some studies indicate that a group of harmful bacteria, known as enteric bacteria, may be a potential trigger of the symptoms of medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome. One needs to take a close look at the role these microbes play in IBS. There is increasing evidence of the involvement of the intestinal microbes in IBS because there have been reports of a correlation between IBS symptoms and specific intestinal microbial profiles (including enteric bacteria) and others showing an improvement in symptoms with improving the balance of the intestinal microbes. proTract® IBS offers hope for IBS patients, since there is evidence that the specific strain in proTract® IBS can relieve symptoms of medically diagnosed IBS. PCC® Lactobacillus fermentum has been shown to reduce levels of enteric bacteria and IBS symptoms, including both diarrhoea and constipation, flatulence and bloating. These findings, combined with the suggestion that the intestinal microbes play a role in IBS, suggest that the use of proTract IBS for relief of symptoms of medically diagnosed IBS holds promise. proTract® IBS’ active ingredient, is an Enteric Bacteria Inhibitor which has been clinically demonstrated to be able to reduce the level of harmful bacteria, and also reduce the severity of a range of symptoms of medically diagnosed IBS. ...Scientific research behind proTract® for Intestinal Health Scientifically and clinically trialled to be effectiveIn evaluating the capacity of PCC® L. fermentum, the active ingredient in proTract® for Intestinal Health, to confer health benefits, it was important that scientifically valid clinical trials be conducted. These must be double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised and ideally cross-over in design, with sufficient numbers to generate statistically relevant data. These are the kind of trials that PCC® L. fermentum has undergone. Research has shown that proTract® for Intestinal Health’s active ingredient may outperform some commonly found probiotics The active ingredient in proTract® for Intestinal Health outperforms several other commonly found probiotics, including Acidophilus, in many key factors that make a probiotic effective."http://www.vribiomedical.com.au/VRI/produc...html#intestinal ??? ( & you wouldn't have to pay customs!)Also--it contains one other probiotic--L Casei--which has been shown to help crohns patients with their abnormal reaction to enteric bacteria...I think I'm going to have to try it, & pay customs
You just never know.T-

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I appreciate that you thought to draw Protract to my attention, Talissa. I don't think that they market it internationally, so it is not well known on the IBSGroup. However, there have been discussions here about it in the past, with varying testimonies. I seem to recall that it didn't agree with nath, but may have helped others.I've tried both Intestinal Health and IBS and am actually using IH at the moment. You only need to take one cps of them daily, but, as you mentioned, it's 4 with the IBS. Remember that it's in Australian currency and $27 will be about $US20. The Australian dollar is quite strong at present. We only have to pay customs when the value of the items reaches a certain amount, so I don't have to worry about that too much.Now to get to the crunch. Have they helped me? I can't say for sure, but that's the story of my life. My intestines have a mind of their own when it comes to the arsenal of supplements I've tried. Good luck.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
As I've mentioned many times. I take the probiotics and that minimized my symptoms. I take one in the a.m. and one at night. My boyfriend suggested taking 3 a day. I realized I have no idea how many I should take?Anyone take this amount or more?Jen

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops, I guess I should've done a search on it. The one I just did showed it was brought up last year btn May-Sept--I wasn't around here then.The protract IH looks like it just has the L. fermentum strain though, and after all the studies on L casei I've been reading, I'd like to try the protract IBS which includes l casei...Jenona, thanks for your feedback on protract. That's great it's helping you. On the pharmacy site selling protract, it says to take 2 am and 2 pm w/ food...I think I'm going to go ahead & try it. I'm going to dbl up on it the first week or so, & then take the recommended amount. But at the recommended amount, it'd be a $20/week.But if it works real well, $80/month would be worth it. Am not banking on it, but think it may at least be worth trying for a couple of months to see.Thanks again for the feedback, T-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.