Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a knee who swell badly last year but one doc told me that it could be a Virus.I think that IBS may have an arthritic issue.Any research on that?It hurts on joints
,i know others feels that too.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually functional disorders of the GI tract are not associated with joint issues (IBS).There are tons of reasons to have a joint issue.The only thing GI wise that is associated with joint problems are autoimmune disorders of any sort (including the gut) primarily because if you have one, you often have more than one and the joints are a common target for this.As long as your Sedimentation rate on your routine blood tests is normal (except when you have an infection of course) then the likelyhood of autoimmune issues is quite low.People with IBS often have other chronic issues, it doesn't make them related.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually functional disorders of the GI tract are not associated with joint issues (IBS).There are tons of reasons to have a joint issue.The only thing GI wise that is associated with joint problems are autoimmune disorders of any sort (including the gut) primarily because if you have one, you often have more than one and the joints are a common target for this.As long as your Sedimentation rate on your routine blood tests is normal (except when you have an infection of course) then the likelyhood of autoimmune issues is quite low.People with IBS often have other chronic issues, it doesn't make them related.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.