Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IBS is under control at the moment...I have IBS A and I take Metamucil 3 times a day and eat Activia or Yo-Plus 1 to 2 times a day and it helps sooo much. I keep having nightmares about what will happen when I become an old woman...I fear that I'm going to be 50 and need to wear diapers and it scares me to death, even though I'm practically fine now. Anyone else have these fears? Does anyone know the chances of it getting much worse with age?

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
well i'm 58-yikes!--and not an old woman!! :) i have had ibs-c since the age of ten.and yes---i worry about it getting worse too as i get older. my c has slowly become worse over the years, especially after menopause. now i try to control it with laxatives and mom and as i mentioned recently in another post i do worry about what will happen when i become older and am no longer able to tolerate laxatives. although maybe that won't happen...but never give up hope. lots of research is being done on ibs --lots more recently than years ago-- and new drugs are in the pipe line so there is always hope that something new will be developed that will help us.and of course, we're all different. some people don't get a whole lot worse over time--others find meds or techniques like cbt that help--and some go into remission for a while...you know--good days and bad days..keep trying things to see what helps , never give up and always be optimistic--that helps a lot..glad you have your ibs under control now--that's great! good for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.