Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any info on this product?it has sorted out my d but now i am going 5-10 times per day with properly formed but massive stools. it seems as though i am producing more waste than is possible. could it be that i am just clearing out all the accumulated rubbish or am i doing more harm than goodthanks all

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It reduces inflamation in the colon.The volume of stool produced can be deceiving. The colon doesn't store up old stool for release at a later date. There is no way for it to retain some things while sending other stuff along.In addition to fiber and water the stool also contains bacteral cells (small individually but enough to make some volume) and the cells that come off the lining of the gut (it is much like your skin shedding, but all of it comes out lumpted together rather than the shedding of skin cells).A girl in my dorm went on a very dangerous diet. You ate nothing at all, just took some pills. (we found out at the end of the month of doing it, she didn't tell anyone while she was doing it) even when you don't eat you will still poop from the bacteria and the shed lining cells.K.------------------�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html I do not work for anyone who sells any IBS related products.[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It reduces inflamation in the colon.The volume of stool produced can be deceiving. The colon doesn't store up old stool for release at a later date. There is no way for it to retain some things while sending other stuff along.In addition to fiber and water the stool also contains bacteral cells (small individually but enough to make some volume) and the cells that come off the lining of the gut (it is much like your skin shedding, but all of it comes out lumpted together rather than the shedding of skin cells).A girl in my dorm went on a very dangerous diet. You ate nothing at all, just took some pills. (we found out at the end of the month of doing it, she didn't tell anyone while she was doing it) even when you don't eat you will still poop from the bacteria and the shed lining cells.K.------------------�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html I do not work for anyone who sells any IBS related products.[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 09-27-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you kmottus- so does that mean that some of the mass is actually bad bacteria and bad gut lining? is this therefore a good situation i.e. is my body cleaning out the rubbish? should i stick to it or tell my doc whats been happening and come off it?thanks mate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you kmottus- so does that mean that some of the mass is actually bad bacteria and bad gut lining? is this therefore a good situation i.e. is my body cleaning out the rubbish? should i stick to it or tell my doc whats been happening and come off it?thanks mate.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It could be debris from your colon healing itself.I wouldn't stop taking asacol without talking to the doctor. It usually isn't prescribed for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) but for one of the IBD's (Inflamatory Bowel Disorders) or other inflamation in the gut. Going off of it could cause the inflamation to flare back up again and that can set you up for a really bad time. If the inflamation gets too out of hand they have to resort to prednisone which works really good, but is very hard on your body overall if you have to be on it for any length of time.K.------------------�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html I do not work for anyone who sells any IBS related products.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It could be debris from your colon healing itself.I wouldn't stop taking asacol without talking to the doctor. It usually isn't prescribed for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) but for one of the IBD's (Inflamatory Bowel Disorders) or other inflamation in the gut. Going off of it could cause the inflamation to flare back up again and that can set you up for a really bad time. If the inflamation gets too out of hand they have to resort to prednisone which works really good, but is very hard on your body overall if you have to be on it for any length of time.K.------------------�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html I do not work for anyone who sells any IBS related products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.