Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, um I'm not sure how many of you out there are able to hold down a normal job. I'm not because I can't get out of the house enough in order to work in an office or anything like that. I am always too sick. So I was looking into Medical Transcription. This sounds like a job that could be done from the home but I'm not sure if a doctor would hire a Transcriptionist who needed to work from home. Does anyone have any insight on this or on any other at-home job opportunities? I need a job in the worst way so any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Liz, I was under the impression that alot of this work is done by people at home or off site at best. I could be wrong, but I know my cousin did that from home for awhile as well as typing for a law firm. I would pursue this line anyway and ask them how it is done. Course I've just made 4 typos in 1 wee paragraph,
so I doubt they all would be alive by the time I got stuff back to them.
But if you have the skills I'd go for it.Good luck with this. Maybe others will have done this work and will chime in here.BQOk LOL And I even admit I missed two & had to edit them out. LOL Man, hope you type better than me.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Liz, I was under the impression that alot of this work is done by people at home or off site at best. I could be wrong, but I know my cousin did that from home for awhile as well as typing for a law firm. I would pursue this line anyway and ask them how it is done. Course I've just made 4 typos in 1 wee paragraph,
so I doubt they all would be alive by the time I got stuff back to them.
But if you have the skills I'd go for it.Good luck with this. Maybe others will have done this work and will chime in here.BQOk LOL And I even admit I missed two & had to edit them out. LOL Man, hope you type better than me.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My mother-in-law's best friend had some arrangement with a shrink. He sent over his transcriptions and she typed them up. What about medical billing? I've heard this too can be done off-site, but I believe you need classes.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My mother-in-law's best friend had some arrangement with a shrink. He sent over his transcriptions and she typed them up. What about medical billing? I've heard this too can be done off-site, but I believe you need classes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys so much for responding. Maybe I will go ahead and give it a shot
If anyone else has any more information, please let me know. Thanks! And BQ, lol, you crack me up! lol, you put a smile on my face for the first time all day! thank you!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys so much for responding. Maybe I will go ahead and give it a shot
If anyone else has any more information, please let me know. Thanks! And BQ, lol, you crack me up! lol, you put a smile on my face for the first time all day! thank you!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Someone on here, I think it was Karen36 (or some such number), gave me some good info on her medical transcription career. It is possible to start working from home, but easier to start working in the office then move to home later.I am doing some freelance graphic design work from home. I also have a part-time job, maybe full-time work soon (cross your fingers and toes for me!!!), and that is something I really need. I do much better when I get out and interact with other people than when I am home all the time. I decided that even if I was getting good business at home, unless something changed, I would always keep working at least a few hours a week outside the home, because I need that. If that makes sense to ya
I have a throbbing headache, so I'm not sure if I'm making sense or not

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Someone on here, I think it was Karen36 (or some such number), gave me some good info on her medical transcription career. It is possible to start working from home, but easier to start working in the office then move to home later.I am doing some freelance graphic design work from home. I also have a part-time job, maybe full-time work soon (cross your fingers and toes for me!!!), and that is something I really need. I do much better when I get out and interact with other people than when I am home all the time. I decided that even if I was getting good business at home, unless something changed, I would always keep working at least a few hours a week outside the home, because I need that. If that makes sense to ya
I have a throbbing headache, so I'm not sure if I'm making sense or not

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.