Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IBS D seems to run in my family. However we each handle it differently. For me, it's devastating to have an attack. I'm so worried about an embarrasing scene that I make myself sicker.My sister, on the other hand, can have an attack while out scuba diving on a boat with 40 strangers and laugh about it. Her big worry was that she would go in the water and it might attract sharks. Her attitude is, "I"m not feeling well - too bad what other people think, it's a human thing." I believe, as a result, she has much fewer attacts then me.Sharon

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow Sharon, I have been asked many times to go scuba diving and the only thing that keeps me from doing it is an attack(that is a D attack
) . I wish I could be like your sister. I think that this attitude thing has to do a lot with our personalities. I am shy and hate to be in the spotlight; also I like structuted things, so spontaneous stuff does not make it for me.
But you are absolutely right; it is all about the attitude.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow Sharon, I have been asked many times to go scuba diving and the only thing that keeps me from doing it is an attack(that is a D attack
) . I wish I could be like your sister. I think that this attitude thing has to do a lot with our personalities. I am shy and hate to be in the spotlight; also I like structuted things, so spontaneous stuff does not make it for me.
But you are absolutely right; it is all about the attitude.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.