Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have been reading through these posts for a couple of days now. I wanted to ask if anyone on here had taken the awareness product Experience for regularity? I am IBS-C and have been taking this product for close to a month now. I am also cutting wheat and corn out of my diet. But As far as the Experience product I would like to hear how it has worked for others. I wake in the mornings and have to go maybe five times and it is always just mushy stuff coming out. I will not complain too much since any BM is welcome in my eyes but It feels as is I am only getting what I have eaten out but maybe not any old stuff. I also feel cramoy before going kind of like that oh no Diarrhea cramping.. Well any thoughts, suggestions or personal experiences with this or any other similiar product is welcomed!Jenkins

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hello-i have been on Experience since December and i have the same problems where i go a lot in the morning. I cramp up and have loose stools.Sometimes they are not so loose,but the cramping is still bad.I keep taking the Experience because it is the only thing that got me off of laxatives and i can't go to the bathroom without it.The people who sell Awareness are really helpful and know a lot if you talk to them on the phone.I think most of my problems stem from my laxative abuse and not the Experience.Please let me know if you want to talk further on this subject-wendi-wlindelli###yahoo.com
:love:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I have been using Experience for about 2 years. I have tried taking it at different time of the day and also tried different dosages.I find it definitely works best if taken in the morning before breakfast. I only take one capsule and find it works within 3 or 4 hours. I take 2 capsules if I have overeaten the day before or ate food that makes my "C" worse, like red meat.How many capsules are you both taking and what time of the day do you take them?P.S. I am not involved with the Awareness company.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both so much for responding. I am taking one after lunch and then one before bed. I will try this weekend taking it when I wake up I hate to experiment on work days!! I have talked with the awareness people and they basically say just keep moving it around and find what works for you. Rose-- You have been taking it for two years?? Are you able to go without it ever?? Wendi- I think it may just be the product. I have used laxatives but no where near the abuse level and I get those cramps!Thank you so much forhelping I just hope that one day I will have the C solved so I rarely if ever have to take anything in order to be regular!Kellie

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have been taking 4 Experience before bed and usually none in the mourning unless i need to.Sometimes i have had to take up to 6 before bed in order to have results.I find that if i take it in the mourning,it usually causes more problems by the end of the day...-wendi-

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I've been taking Experience for a couple of years now. I've experimented with the doseages and found that after a time, 2 was too many. The rep also told me that making it into a tea often works better. So, I use 1 capsule and make it into a tea (break it open into a cup of hot water) and I drink it at night. I take other stuff too like magnesium, citrucel, perdiem (brown can, no senna). But I have 1 BM in the morning. Since I've added the Perdiem, it is less mushy and more like a normal BM.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
In answer to your questions, I take Perdiem also, 1 teaspoon of the yellow and 1 teaspoon of the Brown at night, which helps me to "go" when I get up in the morning, but I have incomplete evacuation. I take the Experience capsule in the morning to help get rid of what it is left.Perdiem is an over the counter fiber/laxative. The Perdiem in the brown can is 100% psyllium fiber and the one in the yellow can is 82 percent psyllium fiber and 18% senna, which is a laxative.Perdiem can be bought in any drug store. Stores like Walmart also sell it.P.S. I do not like the taste of Experience as a tea, but you might.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have some questions about Experience. Wendi, I emailed them to you too just incase you didn't see this post. WHere can i purchase the product and is it habit forming?? I am looking to try something new to help me go.Thanks,Kellie

·
Registered
377 Posts
Kellie-As far as i know,Experience is not habit forming.I first started taking Experience in January and started with 9 a day.That is a lot and more then most people need.I was able to cut back to 3 a day after about 6 weeks.You are supposed to be able to use less and less over time.My problem started when i went off the pill.I actually got more constipated off the pill,but i had to go off because of terrible headaches.Now i have to take 6 a day.It should be easier for you since my whole system is out of wack.Maybe yours won't be so bad.Anyway,The web page is at WWW.CLEANSINGHERBS.COM and the phone number is 1-888-708-2520.It is $39.95 for a bottle of 90 capsules and they go on sale every 3-4 weeks,buy 2 get 1 free.That is when i try to buy them since i have to take so many.Please e-mail me anytime if you have anymore questions or just want to chat.-wendi- :love:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Kellie-The ingredients for Experience are-psyllium seed husk,rhubarb root,fennel seed,corn silk,king solomon seed,and kelp.On their web page they list the ingredients and what each one does,or if you call them they are really helpful and can give you a lot of info.-wendi- :love:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Metoo,Although it is sugested by Awareness to drink lots of water throughout the day...you don't have to in order for the Experience to work. One 8 oz. glass when you take the capsule(s) is all I take and it works just fine most of the time. As I said it works best for me when taken in the morning before breakfast. This product should help you to get off the harsh laxatives. The bottle says not to exceed 3 capsules a day, unless directed by a physician. I brought the bottle, which lists all of the ingredients to my GI doctor two years ago when I started taking it. He read the ingredients and told me it was safe to take long term. The best thing I have found about this product is after taking it for a while you can decrease your dosage instead of having to increase it as is the case with so many other products and laxatives. When I first stated taking it, I took the full dose of 3 capsules, then decreased to 2 capsules and now I only need one. You have tried everything else, you might as well give this a try. You might have to play around with the dosage and try taking it at different times of the day. For some people it works better if taken at night. For me it definitely works better taken in the morning on an empty stomach. I always see results in 3-5 hours. Good luck, whatever you decide.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Has anyone been helped by Experience who has been totally dependent on high stimulant laxatives like senna over a long period of time?I've been on them for 3.5 years and I believe they have made my muscles so lazy, they hardly function, however I have no doubt that using senna is probably contributing to the pain I have and want to get off them so badly. I have reduced the dose but it's still pretty bad.I've tried the regular OTC fiber supplements like Citracel, Psyllium, Benefiber, Fibercon, Perdien, however they just stick in my stomach because my muscles are not able to push them out. Also I have major trouble drinking lots of water, especially at once due to extreme, excessive gas, bloating and mainly pain. Even fiber from food causes constipation and hurts.Anyway, sorry to babble on so much, just wondered if Experience has helped anyone with an extremely lazy (almost non functioning) colon, after being on laxatives.Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Wendi, I didn't know that the Awareness products ever went on sale. How do you find out about the sales?? I've been buying from a lady in Texas and she's never mentioned a sale to me. That would really help me financially to be able to buy 2 for 1 price! I feel like I've been cheated for a couple of years!

·
Registered
377 Posts
What a drag!I would be really upset if i never got them onsale!The lady that i get the product from is Juliet Easton from Athens GA.-Phone -1-888-708-2520 or-1-706-354-6801.I used to get it from David and Suzanne Betts in California,but it took too long to ship to me,so i started getting it from Ga.I think that they are really nice because she gave me the sale price after it went off sale since it was still posted on the web page.The date was listed on the page as being over,but she still gave it to me.I talked to Kathy,Juliet's sister,and she gave me the sale price.They are both really nice and very knowledgable.I hope this helps!-Wendi-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.