Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else get pain under left ribs?mine gets so bad i cant stand it.anything make it better?also how long after you eat will the symptoms start if you eat the wrong thing?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes. Per my doctors it is just the extra sensitivity of the gut at that point and there is nothing to do but take pain killers like Advil. Also, it does get better after taking OTCs and having BMs. The stuff that gets stuck there is what makes for the pain I think. Sorry.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The pathophysiology of functional dyspepsia with delayed gastric emptying is that there is less ghrelin before a meal and the ghrelin level doesn't lower after the meal. Ghrelin amplifies the vagal/ACh/parasympathetic system. The funny thing is that the pyloric sphincter closes when the vagal system is active, it requires nNOS (a retrograde neurotransmitter) from the lower small intestine to relax this sphincter. The high Ghrelin levels after a meal prevent the pyloric sphincter from opening. There are solutions to this problem (my procedure using cervical traction and various OTC drugs).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts