Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I used to log in quite a lot on this forum about 1.5 years ago 'cause of my IBS problems. Then I got pregnant and 4 months into the pregnancy, all of the symptons dissapeared. No more pain, no more constipation, no more swollen eyes. I had feared the opposite would happen because of the space available to the colon slowly shrinking, but no, up until last month (my daughter is 10 months old now), I did not have one little sympton! I thought I got rid of it all together ... helas, it started again!I don't have it as bad as I used to, and also, I seem to be able to stop an uncoming crisis (which lasts up till 10 days when bad) now. But it is a bit depressing altogether...There are different reasons I can think of for my IBS dissapearing:the baby herself (hormonal stuff)less stress (you sort of take life easier - or at least at a slower pace)I started eating meat again (been a vegetarian for 8 years)Anybody had the same thing happen to them?Bye for now,Anne

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am 37 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and have noticed that I feel much better since I hit my 2nd trimester. I had frequent diarrhea (same old problem as before) during my 1st tri but from then on out was more on the constipated side. Now that I am reaching the end of the pregnancy, I am more regular than I ever have been in my life! I think it's my body's way of keeping my system clean before I go into labor. I'm dreading the post partum period though.. I had an awful time with diarrhea after my first baby and from what I've read, it's pretty common. I have plenty of Immodium so I guess I'll just deal with it when it comes!Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!Angie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.