Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone. Just have a few more IBS related questions, and kinda have some more info on why I think I'm suffering from IBS. First off, I remembered that a few years ago (I was about 20) at the time, I had some tests done because I was having similar issues. My main issue turned out to be some stress-related GERD (guess college can do that to ya haha) but I remember that they also tested me for other things (blood tests, stool samples) because I was also having this occasional diarrhea. Everything else came back negative at the time. Anyway, I just went through a few week period where I felt pretty good, not much gas, pretty regular bowel movements. Then a couple weeks ago again, it started to flare up again. The strange moving bubbling/gassy sensation that moves all over my stomach/back. I have diarrhea at night mostly, but it's not all that runny, more like a solid diarrhea, if that makes sense. I maybe go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times that night before bed, and am usually fine again when I wake up. Then maybe I'll have a day or two where I don't go at all, occasionally gas, and maybe toward the side of being constipated, but it doesn't really feel like constipation. I guess my question is, can IBS be this sporadic? Coming and going for weeks at a time, and then nothing for a little, only to return. I've never had the most regular digestive system, but it just seems recently that I've been more gassy and such than I can ever remember. Could it really be stress-related? Being a nervous person and not really being able to find a solid job outta college isn't the most calming thing in the world I guess. Any thoughts on any of this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Kamren. It does seem to flare up when I think about it more, and definitely more at night than in the morning. I just can't understand how it would keep going back and forth like this. It's not necessarily diarrhea when this happens either. Just a lot of gas, and everything seems like I can feel it more if that makes sense. Like I have a heightened sense of everythign going on down there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.