Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I constantly have bad back pain to go along with my stomach hurting all the time from the time I go to sleep and as soon as I wake up. I have constant gas and belching. As soon as I wake up I have real bad pain that feels like hunger pains. I dont know what to do anymore, I've been going back and forth to the charity hospital (which takes forever) to get test ran. So far I've had an complete abdominal ultrasound, blood work, ultrasound of gallbladder, catscan where I had to drink some nasty chalky milk stuff, but didn't have to inject the dye, x-rays of stomach. They also did a stool sample where I had to smear a little on 3 cards to check for blood. I'm wondering if this could be some type of bacterial overgrowth b/c they haven't checked my stool for parasites and other things, just them 3 cards for blood. At first they thought it was gastritis b/c I used to drink alot and I had a GI cocktail (which didn't help at all), and I haven't drank but once in the last year, and it still hurts me bad everyday, a little worse after I drank though.) Then they thought it was an ulcer, checked for H Plori but that was negative, I took prilosec for a lil over a month, it helped a little bit with the gas but not alot, the pain and everything was still there. What else can I do????? I'm beginning to go crazy, I'm having panic attacks when I start hurting thinking it could be something severe then I really start to feel like I'm going to die. Is there any test I should recommend to the Doc or what should I do. Please Help Me! God Bless

·
Registered
111 Posts
I sympathise with you. I have been to countless doctors,had blood tests and an ultrasound. I have tried all sorts of remedies, nothing works and like you I feel like I am dying at times.I have really now given up and I am fed up and not interested in going to see any more doctors or trying other remedies. Whatever I need to suffer I will try to accept.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Absolutely back pain can go along with it all. All those muscles are attacched to the spine and when my IBS-D is at its worst then so is back pain. Although mine isn't as bad as it used to be. I used to have burnign in my stomach years ago (20) when I woke up) it took months of Belladonna ( generic) which is a stong antispasmotic to settle it donw but it did. Once all that is irritated inside and then we keep eating you figure it constantly gets reirritated over and over. No wonder we all feel crummy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are not alone.My latest bout began with back pain (left side under shoulder blade and mid-back) with slight heaviness and discomfort in right upper quadrant of abdomen (to the right and above the belly button). It has been persistent for over 7 weeks and continues. BMs mostly D but occasioned by C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.