Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - been lingering around this place for a few months now!! I have had IBS since my early 20's. 51 now. Just wondering how many of you experience back pain which you think is due to the ibs - where it is located, etc. Thanks - MaryAnn

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi - been lingering around this place for a few months now!! I have had IBS since my early 20's. 51 now. Just wondering how many of you experience back pain which you think is due to the ibs - where it is located, etc. Thanks - MaryAnn
Which type of Ibs do you have? I had IBSc and would experience mid to upper back pain and tightness. This is kind of related to my post about posture. I notice that I change my posture with pain. Do you notice any change in posture responding to the pain? Do you notice any affect of change in posture on the pain?Best regards,Scott

·
Registered
414 Posts
I also suffer with diarrhea and when I have a bad patch I have lower back pain. It sometimes will ache a day beforehand so i have some warning although this dosen't happen all the time. It can ache for days after having a lot of diarrhea. It is definitely linked to diarrhea as I don't have it at any other time. It is right at the lower end of my back just above my bottom. Normal painkillers - paracetamol dosen't even take the edge off, a hot water bottle dosen't really help either so I take a painkiller containing codeine and that helps for little while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get aches in my lower back when I'm having a flare up, similar to the cramping I get with period pains... I end up with a hotwater bottle and usually a mix of ibuprofen and co-codamol... I don't know if this is related but I'm getting a lot of hip pain at the mo even when my bowel is behaving (well almost) , does anyone else get this or similar?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which type of Ibs do you have? I had IBSc and would experience mid to upper back pain and tightness. This is kind of related to my post about posture. I notice that I change my posture with pain. Do you notice any change in posture responding to the pain? Do you notice any affect of change in posture on the pain?Best regards,Scott
Well if by what type, you mean do I suffer more with D or C ?? The answer I guess is constipation from time to time. Mostly alot of spasms, bloating, pain, gas.....I seem to get alot of pain like in my kidney area and higher when suffering with a bout of ibs. You just don't see back pain listed in the symptoms all the time - also I get pain in my groin mostly on the left side which is where most of my pain is when having a bad flare up of spasms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone get neck ache as well, i can't seem to sleep and i have have wat feels like a sore back and an aching neck. not sure whether its being caused by ensure or lactulose started around then. Does anyone feel that they feel similar minus back pain, when off pill/on period?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone get neck ache as well, i can't seem to sleep and i have have wat feels like a sore back and an aching neck. not sure whether its being caused by ensure or lactulose started around then. Does anyone feel that they feel similar minus back pain, when off pill/on period?Soz for putting this on twice dont no how 2 delete it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My IBS is directly related to back pain. I know I'm in trouble when I start feeling it. Typically, it is in the deep lower back just above my waistline. It feels more like pressure pain like a tight belt around me, and it gets better if I relieve a ton of gas or a good bowel movement. I also get sharp pains in around the kidney area and sides too. Sometimes it is so bad that I can barely move. Maybe I am a rarity, but gas causes extreme discomfort for me. I hate it so much.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've had another bad few days with diarrhea and I had terrible back ache in my lower back for 2 days beforehand. So i just knew something was on it's way and it was. The back pain is getting worse to be honest or perhaps I'm just getting older now. It last for a good couple of days afterwards as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well its good to hear that I am not alone with the back pain. Hard to say for sure if its IBS, but I think it is in most cases. If it was an injury of some sort, it would be constant I would think. MaryAnn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.