Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Back to the doctor

791 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  S_LIne 
#1 ·
OK so I am getting fed up with the some days I am fine, some days I am uncomfortable, and some days I need to have a BM 3 times a day. I have been to my doctor twice already first time it wasn't my doctor as mine was gone that day he said I was constipated no I wasn't. Second time I saw my doctor he told me well not much really other than I can't have IBS as I am male and have good family health. He has retired so I am going to see another one. What should I have him test/check? My symptoms as of lately are multiple BM's a day no urgency just feel like I need to go. They aren't D but they are the size of a quarter of so and long. I had some pain last week for a bout 3 days. My usual symptoms are 1 maybe 2 loose BM's a day. some discomfort (not pain) and gas. What the hell else could it be if it wasn't IBS? I am so sick of the doctors in my area.

#2 ·
S Here's the list of questions to bring with you:http://www.webmd.com/ibs/guide/questions-about-ibsOf course you can still have IBS even IF you are male and have "good family health". Wow.. that Dr really didn't know his stuff did he?? I am very glad you are going to a new Dr.Bring in your symptoms via a list indicating their onset, duration & frequency and ask those questions and see how you do.Keep us posted.

#3 ·
Cheers to that BQ thats what I was after. I wish I knew more about my symptoms as they just act up on their own without me doing anything else and they only last a few days. Lol yea I tried explaining to him that men do have IBS but he is the doctor not me so I don't know what I am talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.