Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,Sorry I was gone for so long. My cancer fears were getting the best of me, so I took the advice to stay away from the forums for a little while. I really appreciate all the support and reassurance you guys gave me. Anyway, I had a colonoscopy yesterday and finally got the reassurance I needed. The good news is that I definitely do not have cancer.The bad news is that my colon's two and a half times as long as it's supposed to be! ACK!The reason I have so much splenic flexure pain is because I have three splenic flexures, so there's bound to be a bubble in one or two of them at any given time. The treatment is pretty much the same as for IBS. I don't want surgery to remove half of my colon. Anyway, I'm doing a lot better emotionally and physically. The pain got a lot better after I got everything cleared out and had the reassurance that I didn't have anything seriously wrong.The anesthesia made me super-loopy; I think it's because it interacted with my anti-anxiety med (Buspar). I kind of embarrassed myself-- I woke up frantically asking the nurses where my daughter is, and then I proposed marriage to my husband of four years-- AFTER I flirted with the male GI nurse. Oh, jeez. I don't remember ANYTHING until after I got home.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very good to hear WC! Although the IBS issues are one thing, knowing you dont have what you feared most is great news. Now you can help calm others fears about it, as you have been in their shoes and know how scary it can be

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all your support, Bonzi.
I can't tell you how grateful I am for the people here who reassured me.In retrospect, I honestly can't remember why I was bugging out so much about cancer. Hindsight's 20/20. I was really flipping out over nothing. I think a lot of it was just cumulative stress building up to a needless panic.I'm kind of relieved to find out that my colon is too long, because that says that the pain wasn't imaginary and isn't all the product of my anxiety. But it sucks because it's so untreatable unless I want them to cut out half of my colon.Did anybody else have a weird reaction to the sedative they use for colonoscopy? I don't remember anything between saying "Nighty-night, Mister anesthesia man," and coming home, like, two hours later. I'm really, really embarrassed that I flirted with the GI nurse in front of my husband.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just had an endoscopy + colonoscopy double procedure last week - pretty cool actually that they can do both during the same exam. Anyway they told me that something in the anasthesia/sedative cocktail they gave me actual has a slight amnesia effect so that even if you were partly conscious during some parts you probably wouldn't remember. Anyhow I told them that I woke up like 5 mins. early during my last colonoscopy some years ago and didn't want to repeat that so please just knock me out good. I remember talking to the nurse before the exam then next thing I knew I was in the recovery room drinking apple juice, which was just how I wanted it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
So glad for you Wonky - you must be absolutely delighted. How funny that you proposed to your husband, that anasthetic must have been weird! Oh well, at least you can go around boasting that YOUR colon is twice as long as anyone else's, so there!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So glad for you Wonky - you must be absolutely delighted. How funny that you proposed to your husband, that anasthetic must have been weird! Oh well, at least you can go around boasting that YOUR colon is twice as long as anyone else's, so there!!
So THERE!
I was joking with my hubby that I must have been designed to be vegetarian (which I am)... Like how cows have extra stomachs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.