Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,I had a really bad attack today and i am so tired and depressed and want to just cry. I am normally more prone to IBS C but today was a different story. I have not been eating a whole lot since my scope at the end of FEB and have lost about 18lbs. So stupid me decides to have Taco Bueno on Saturday and then ate more stuff then normal yesterday which also consisted of a big reeses peanut butter cups late last night.Boy about 2.5 hours ago I had the most horrible colon spasms, you know the type, where your bent over the commode, cold washcloth in hand wiping off the sweat, having anxiety and on the toilet every 15 min and with each movement it became softer and softer until I had watery D. I am a little better now, even a little hungry, may eat some rice. But colon still spasming a little.Can anyone tell me what I can do during the bad attacks to help with the pain? Thank you,DF

·
Registered
779 Posts
Are you taking any medication? Heat sometimes helps and massage, if possible. When I have been having a lot of colon pain, my husband rubs my "tummy. He can feel the areas that are causing me pain. They feel like lumps. When he massages with his fingers, the lumps subside and so does the pain. It is like any muscle, it responds to massage. You can even massage yourself.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nerfmom,Yes the heating pad is a blessing isn't it, I do rub my tummy in a circular motion when I have gas. This was different though. I know this is going to sound really stupid but I do have a script for Bentyl, which is an antispasmotic but I am afraid to take it. I keep hearing bad stuff about the side effects. Worse pain, dizziness etc. I am going to take it though if my stomach does not settle down shortly. It is better now and I have been off the loo for over an hour now. I am on 1mg of Xanax Xr which really doesn't stop the anxiety. It is extended release and lets out a little med all day. What I need is some kind of sedative when this happens because I am afraid of the bleeding, which I have not had since I was scoped. Blood scares the heck out of me and just the thought of it makes me panic. Even though I have been scoped and other then some minor things found and knowing I don't have cancer, I will freak if it happens again. Who knows, thanks for caring.How are you doing? Are you feeling better today?DF

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have been doing better since the Activia yogurt experiment. I still have attacks, but they are shorter and not as bad. I had an attack of cramping this afternoon, but after just one bout in the bathroom, I am ok. It used to be that I had to have several bouts in the bathroom before the cramping stopped. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nerfmom, glad to hear the yogurts working.. I've been taking the primodolphius pills which I'm assuming is similar vein and forgot to take them a few days and pain worsened. I'm really fascinated with how that can possibly help so I'm encouraged to hear others feeling better. Funny my body craves a hot water bottle and I've never even used one. I should get one, its like telling your stomach I LOVE YOU ITS OK.. haha. I talk to my stomach all the time too, for whatever thats worth. I say this mantra of "I hear you, I'm going to take good care of myself, you can go now..." Dessert - sorry to hear about your attack. I do ok and then when I hit an attack it makes me so sad. I also experience what feels like a severe depression afterward. Like scary depression. Can that be related to serotonin factor with IBS. Because it almost feels chemical. When I get a bad attack I sleep and sleep and sleep and everything is so dark. Its frightening. A day later I shake it off. Hope you feel better!
Jenona

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.