Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I had a seroius attack last night, the first serious one in two years. I think however, it was set off by food poisoning, but am not totally sure. I ate at a fast food place and the attack was super rapid and really severe. I would have gone to the hospital, but couldn't make it. I took two darvocets and it did nothing for the pain. It came on so quick and so strong, I could not go into hypno mode, for the first time since I finnished the tapes. It also was so painful it made my temp go up and made me throw up which has maybe happened twice in the thirty years I have had IBS. It felt different almost like food poisoning setting off my IBS. So it was five hours in utter agony before I could get to sleep. It also brought back memories, since I hadn't had a bad attack in two years since I finnished the tapes and it reminded me how bad they can get which I had forgotten.I am pretty sure food was at the root of this one though, I eat fast foods sometimes, but I think I got a bad burger, since the symptoms were so diffferent.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mitchell, it was about six hours after eating it, which is somewhat in the range of 4 to eight for some bugs. I don't think it was a serious food contamination, but maybe just something bad or something. The way my gut was contracting was abnormal compared to the normal attacks.I actually learned form this though and will post on it some.If it was food poisoning it was rapid as I don't have effects today really other then being worn out.Who knows.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Dear Eric,So sorry to hear about that attack you had. I hope you are feeling better by now. Maybe it was something other than what you ingested or IBS. Can something like gall bladder cause those symptoms?Depending on what others say and how you are feeling, you may have to check it out. It reminds me once again that anything unexpected can happen in life!------------------Take care! Forever Vikee"Great Spirit, Grant that I may not criticize my neighbor till I have walked for a moon in his moccasins." Indian Prayer

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Eric, I'm just getting to the Board now. I'm so sorry you aren't well.
Just rest and take it easy until you feel better.Six hours sounds about right for some types of bugs. I hope it's over soon for you. Remember to drink a lot of water.Jean

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I hope you are resting right now & going to get some shut eye early tonight! Go easy for a few days will ya? Give your bod a chance to re-group. & Stay in the day Eric. Don't "go" any farther than that
. Let us know how U R when U feel up to it. Be thinking of you!
BQ

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sorry you're not feeling well, Eric. I've had a few attacks since finishing the tapes, and they are frustrating. Personally, I would listen to tapes 2,3, and 4 for the next few days, and get your body back to functioning properly. Take care of yourself. AZ

·
Registered
385 Posts
Eric,I'm so sorry that you had such a bad attack. Six hours after eating is about right for many of the food poisoning bugs, according to what I remember being told by my doctor after my last bout of food poisoning a few years ago. Take it easy for a few days. Hope you feel better very soon.Julia

G

·
Poor Eric ... sorry to hear this.
I've also had the odd flare-up since my success with the tapes ... pulls us up sharp to remember what life used to be like, doesn't it?Hope you are on the road to recovery now ...Julie
------------------*** Seeking accurate information in the fight against IBS ***

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Eric, I just saw this and I feel terrible. You must have had a real washed-out day, today. My heart is with you. You've been well too long not to have this be some kind of fluke. Hoping and praying by the time we hear from you tomorrow, it's a better day. Your friend, Persist

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sounds like a bad burger to me (I had one about 2 years ago, so it does happen). Usually my temperature only goes up and I vomit only when I get some bad food. The pain of the IBS never effects my temperature.Here's hoping you feel much better soon!!K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Eric- Sorry to hear that you have ben having problems, where you threw up too chances are (in my opinion)it WAS something you ate. I rarely throw up and when I do its usually because of some sort of virus or bad food. Trouble is (for me) that once something sets the IBS off it can be a long road back. Hope the hypno helps you quickly get back to where you were.
------------------Nancy

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi Eric,My daughter (who doesn't have IBS) ate a bad burger about 2 years ago and appoximately 5 hours after she ate it, she had horrible pain, vomiting, diarrhea and she fainted! She was sick for hours. Finally, after about 6-7 hours, she seemed to be okay except that she was drained. She slept the entire day.So, what I'm trying to get at is that I bet you did have food poisoning. My daughter will not eat a fast food burger from McDonald's now...She just recently started eating burgers from other restaurants. It took her this long to get over it.Hope your back to normal soon
------------------How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.