Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi glad to find this forum hope some of you can help answer my question.Doctor thinks I may have IBS but I'm not sure whether its IBS, GERD, or haitus hernia. Just had results of blood test today which is clear and I definitely don't have H Pylori.In order to find out what is triggering my IBS like symptoms and to go back to the docs with more evidence I've been keeping a very in depth diary of all food and drinks consumed, as well as my emotional state as my job is a little stressful at times and sitting at a desk all day doesn't help me much. Am currently taking Lansoprazole and colofac.Been feeling better lately so decided to experiment and eat a curry, well may not have been a good idea because I am now experiencing abdominal pains. My pains started about 24 hours after eating the curry though. My question is if I do have IBS is there normally such a large time lag between eating a bad food and experiencing abdominal pain? 24 hours later seems a long time if it is IBSThanks in advance

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Generally I would say from immediate up to 8-12 hours. If you react to the amount of fat in a meal that tends to be pretty quickly (from during the meal until a couple of hours later). Otherwise usually the worst reactions happen when the food gets to the colon and the first large batch of gas is made, and that is more in the over 2-3 hours later and usually is over by 12 hours later or when you fart the extra gas out.However something that pulls more water into the stool can cause loose stools/ diarrhea at the normal exit time from 16-72 hours later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.