Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, last night sucked. the progression of symptoms was: Stomach ache Bowels get crampy Feel Bloated ChillsBowel Movement - soft and stringyStomach upset Feeling of pressure on left side of chest Flushing (face red ears burning)Does anyone else here get the burning ear ?I know what triggered it, onions and tomato, but man was that burger good !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I call the Dr. This Am tell him I'm coming in and I want answers. He tell me Endoscopy was fine, Colonsocopy was fine, cat scan last year was fine. Blood work was fine, it's IBS. I press and tell him I am not satisfied and tell him that for all he knows it could be carcogenic syndrome. My wife is convinced that it's "in my head" she doesn't mean that in a bad way. She just means that I am a stressed lawyer dad providing for 3 kids.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
sorry about the bad night. don't get the burning ears but I can get flushed when having an attack.IBS is very frustrating. one of the biggest frustrators is that there is no test that can tell you it's IBS. you just have to eliminate other, potentially more serious, diseases. That's what your doctor was doing with the tests he ran. you know, for many of us, stress is the big trigger. I've recognized this for years and in fact have decided that food rarely is the problem since if 'm doing well, I can eat just about anything. But stress, well that's another story. I tried several things to help with this but finally found hypno ws my answer. Others have also found this or found some of the anti-anxiety meds help too. I think it's all about the serotonin being out of whack and I react this way to stress. Kind of like a diabetic insulin response is out of whack and they react to sugar.good lucknancy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That burger was good ! LOL I am both, I go from jammed up to diareah in 24 hours flat. I tell you they had me on Zelnorm, which worked for 3 or 4 weeks, then it gave me massive diareah. Now they are switching me to Levsin, which I think I was on, but I think he's putting me on a much higher dosage. I'll check out the other stuff !

·
Registered
195 Posts
Been there done that!! The flushing is very common - although I've never had the ears burning....I used to get sweaty and feel like I was going to pass out....Sometimes you just have to say screw it and eat that burger anyway

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
beedub - good luck with the levsin. frankly it helped me some with pain of cramps but did nothing for the C and D. you might have better luck though - but there is always the possibility that no drug will be the cure all. I'm not trying to jinz you but just want to make sure you understand that there is no cure for IBS and no one way to treat it. On the flip side, it can get a lot better if you find something that works for you.my best piece of advice for an alternator like you and me (we get the joy of flipping between D and C
) is to try to avoid the C as much as possible. I know that for many including myself, it's the D that is the worst in terms of pain and inconvenience so we do what we can to avoid that. But sometimes it makes it worse. good lucknancy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.