Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is nothing new, but needed to vent. I was awakened last night at 2:00 am with diarrhea, cramping and some nausea. I rarely have this problem in the middle of the night. Since starting on Caltrate, I haven't had an episode like this for nearly 3 months! It's kinda depressing since I was doing so well. I hadn't eaten anything since dinner at about 6:30 pm, which consisted of a salad and 2 slices of plain pizza, and a couple of cookies. These foods have never bothered me in any way. I just don't get it! Today I'm much better, but still feel a bit uneasy. I just want to stay home! I will have to go out tonight to see Wynona at an outdoor concert since I have tickets, but fortunately the ampitheatre is only 15 mins. away and there are decent bathrooms there. While in the bathroom, I thought of you folks on this BB! I thought of how we get so frustrated and just want to be normal. I thought of how some of our water and sewage bills may be higher than others because of all the flushing! I questioned why it reeks so much! I thought of how I hate splash back (lol)! Weird thoughts on the throne in the middle of the night. Anyway, I still can be thankful for all the good days I've had lately since finding this BB - many more better days than I've had in a long time. Just wish I knew what caused this. Could be some of us are just sensitve to "bugs," or foods or drink that may be fine one time and not the next. Maybe control is the best to expect. I'll continue with the Caltrate and watch the diet and hope for the best. Thanks for "listening!"[This message has been edited by Sherree (edited 06-26-99).]

G

·
Hello; Soon as I saw the "SALAD" bells went off,salad is a no no for me. I don't eat lettuce(especially head lettuce,it's the worst to digest)no popcorn,peanuts corn,ect. ect.Roughage is the hardest thing to digest for my ibs. Diverticulitist(sp.?),is weak spots in the colon and roughage gets stuck in these spots and causes LOTS of pain.The mayor of my town had to be rushed to hospital last night,and was the same thing,Dr. told him to lay off the roughage. NO NUTS Either. Hope you feel better soon.......Jonna

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.