Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am a 24 year old F I was diagnosed with IBS about 4 years ago but over the past year a new pain has showed up. I get a bad pain in my lower right back daily and then a few days a week a pain in my upper stomach that stops me dead in my tracks for at lest 24h and i don't know what to do for it. Over the counter pain meds and prescription pain meds don't help breathing tech don't help. I am at my wits end I don't know what else to do have tried lactose free gluten free and nether helped. I have 4 months of school left and if i miss even one more day I will be dropped and have to wait a year to come back . Please if any one has any advise our in site i could really use it im really really lost ...... I feel like i will never feel right our better agean. I have a history of depression and can feel it starting to come back as of this week I know that makes it worse but this has been a long time in the making.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Have you tried peppermint? (tea or Altoids or enteric coated capsules).For the pain is very high in the abdomen (almost in the chest and on the center line rather than on the sides) have you tried and acid blocker or antacid? If you have been taking a lot of NSAID's that can irritate the stomach and cause reflux.Have you been to the doctor to be sure you don't have any damage to the lower back. It may just be week and needs some of the proper exercise?If it is clear this is IBS and not a back problem have you been to the doctor to talk about antispasmodics or antidepressants. Those are usually used to treat functional pain. Not NSAID's (over the counter or prescriptoin) or narcotic prescription meds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been seen for the pain they said it was all related to my IBS i don't think it is . I am a massage therapist and practice yoga regularly so i don't think its a week muscle. I have tried peppermint caps tea as well as ginger tea and chamomile tea and many different antacids non of which seem to help at all. I feel like from what other people with ibs have said its not related to that but i keep being told it is but it dose not feel like my ibs pain at all.... but i am open to any new ideas our if any one else has this hearing what they have done for it would be great im really at a loss as what to do and it is making day to day life miserable. I have taken a low dose antidepressant it helps some but not much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I am going to guess that no one else has had this bad of pain from IBS I was really hoping to find some help here sense I have not been able to find it anywhere else but i guess that is not going to be the case......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it is the one i am thinking of ( I have tried a few) I would take it 3 to4 times a day the dose was changed a few times. The pain i get dose not seem to be related to eating from what i can tell and when i get it (almost once a week) it last for 2-3 days each time.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
I get the same lower right quadrant pain. That is the beginning (proximal) colon. Probably the best thing at this point is to get sublinguinal Reglan for your delayed gastric emptying, (if you can put up with the side effects).I was just to the GI doc and I also vomit salty water which the doc said was bile. Now I'm getting an endoscopy and an abdominal ultra sound to check for gall bladder problems, before they do a gastric emptying test.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also suffered this lower back pain as well. I think it is just part of the IBS playing tricks on the inside. I know it is dreadful and the most uncomfortable thing to experience, but you just have to keep trying alternate ways to relieve your symptoms. Read my forum I posted today under General Discussion. I am also quite young 26 and all this started when I was 20. I am so sorry to hear you are experiencing the pains you are getting, and I hope you got through your schooling with no further day's off. I know how much IBS can get in the way of trying to lead a normal life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.