Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ate half a banana this morning and it turn out to stop my bowel and build up toxins and gas.I think bananas cause C and should be evoid with the subjects with another forms than D predominant.Welcome home everybody!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I still crave a breath test for FI.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still crave a breath test for FI.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used to love bananas until I got IBS about 11 years ago. The last time I had a half a banana I was doubled up with pain about 2 hours later. I looked up the contents of bananas, turns out they are mostly sugar--sucrose, glucose, fructose and maltose. I dont know whether that's the reason or not but until someone finds a cure for IBS, bananas are a distant memory. fleure

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used to love bananas until I got IBS about 11 years ago. The last time I had a half a banana I was doubled up with pain about 2 hours later. I looked up the contents of bananas, turns out they are mostly sugar--sucrose, glucose, fructose and maltose. I dont know whether that's the reason or not but until someone finds a cure for IBS, bananas are a distant memory. fleure

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe the starch in it.I almost sure it is loaded.The iode reveal it folks,one drop and if it turn black it is loaded.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe the starch in it.I almost sure it is loaded.The iode reveal it folks,one drop and if it turn black it is loaded.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I love bananas, but eating a raw banana puts me to my knees with GI pain. UGH! I can however tolerate them fried and only after I have eaten a meal. Whatever those banans are packing in them must be a belly demon!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I love bananas, but eating a raw banana puts me to my knees with GI pain. UGH! I can however tolerate them fried and only after I have eaten a meal. Whatever those banans are packing in them must be a belly demon!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Ironically, I was eating a banana when I saw this.
I am IBS D and have no problem with them. I actually eat them a lot to help with my leg cramps.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Ironically, I was eating a banana when I saw this.
I am IBS D and have no problem with them. I actually eat them a lot to help with my leg cramps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I seem way different here... i hate bananas but was told to eat them as part of my new and improved healthy and fiberous diet. So, i slice hald and put it on peanut-buttered high fiber toast. It brings me closer to Elvis! I don't seem to have a problem with them but i would never eat one alone- due to the SQUISH factor. ~Glued~

·
Registered
24 Posts
I seem way different here... i hate bananas but was told to eat them as part of my new and improved healthy and fiberous diet. So, i slice hald and put it on peanut-buttered high fiber toast. It brings me closer to Elvis! I don't seem to have a problem with them but i would never eat one alone- due to the SQUISH factor. ~Glued~

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is Squish factor?Yeah bananas is bad for C,and rice also eventually.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What is Squish factor?Yeah bananas is bad for C,and rice also eventually.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.