Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for an Xray after an appointment with a consultant on 30.11.00 She said it would take 6-8 weeks however I later contacted her office who said it was nearer 2-3 months as there were loads to be done (mine was marked as routine)and what with Christmas coming etc they were losing about 10 days.I considered getting it done privately (�160) which would be just after new year so I was going for that but amazingly my appointment at the Hospital has just arrived for 4th January.I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I had telephoned them and pursued the dates etc. Seems strange.Its a strange feeling - I'm looking forward to getting this sorted out but terrified of any "bad" results at the same time.------------------ http://www.echobelly.f9.co.uk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Funnily enough, when IBS symptoms first set in 5+ years ago I saw a gastro. doc privately as I felt sure that the faster someone could tell me what my problem was, the faster the magic pill would be dispensed. Little did I know...In fact the doc even tried to put me off spending more money on private tests.Returning to the NHS when the symptoms didn't go away I eventually saw the same gastro. doc as a NHS patient. Had some of the investigations and 12 months down the line was told it was IBS - doc probably suspected it from that first consultation. (Though I feel it's important to have investigations to rule out other problems).Assume you're having the barium follow through X-ray for the small intestine - from what I remember it's no big deal, with none of the major prep. of the colonoscopy. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.