Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,for 2months I was in remission. It was wonderful. 2010 is beginning with a flare up, I'm sure I'm not the only one. You know, all this holiday food is sure tasty but fatal to us IBSers.I was wondering if there was any basic things that I should know when having a flare up. I'm working full time and studying full time in the evening, after work. I cannot really afford to stay home because of IBS.I'm drinking a lot of peppermint tea since the flare up began. It seems to ease the pain a bit. I'm trying to relax and do breathing exercice but mainly what annoys me the most is chronic gut pain. I'm back to bland food again. Anything suggestions about what I should do ?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Please refresh our minds as to your symptoms.. then maybe we can guide you better??

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yukie have you tried using an antispasmodic at all? (You might need more than the peppermint tea can provide). I'm sure you probably have but...Have you had the pelvic pain checked out to rule out any OB/Gyn issues (that is... if you are a female)?Also you might find it helpful to use an anti gas product (anything with simethicone in it) WITH your meals.Tension headaches?? Not really an IBS thing... But have you ever seen this product called "Tiger Balm"? It is fantastic on the my most terrible headaches. It is topical so it skips my GI tract competely and works SO well on even very severe headaches.Let me see if I can find an url for you about it.... brb

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Hah! Found the url about it here:http://www.tigerbalm.com/And the good news is I found it for sale at Amazon and it also is available at Walmart, Walgreens and many other stores here. I do not know where you are from but if you aren't from the US you may be able to get this online somehow. It is awesome stuff for wicked headaches.Generally speaking though... give your body a bit to recover from the holidays.. Sure bland is ok for a bit til it seems things are calming down again and then ... start slowly expanding that diet to other tolerable foods and hopefully you will be back to feeling like you were before the holidays soon enough.And keep in mind.. working and going to school full time is fairly stressful for even the best of us.. so you might want to try to squeeze in some time for relaxation (relaxation exercises might be good to learn).. meditation (if you are so inclined) or like an at home Yoga DVD etc.... SOME form of relaxation to balance things out.All the best

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi BQ,thanks for your reply. I live in Canada so we have Tiger Balm here. I'll give it a try. About the pelvic pain, it starts from under my ribs and goes to the bottom of my gut. I'm pretty sure it's not a GYN issue since I got twice a year for a checkup. Would beano be considered like an antigaz product? I haven't tried antispasmodic tho. Is it something that resquires a prescription? I think I have some buscopan at home. Would that do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.