Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious if there are any rules of thumb or legal requirements on the number of stalls a business/public buildings etc must have? It appears that whatever the rules, there are too few. Waiting in line is not an option, neither is going to another floor/building.Also anything on required cleanliness? This is a real problem in the South. I postulate that many here are less than half a generation away from the outhouse and anything indoors looks good/clean.Also any way around the "low flow" toilet fiasco? Low flow toilets just don't hack it with IBS(D). This is especially a problem when the power goes out. Us with wells could previously get by by pouring water in the tank/tube and get it to flush that way. Many of these gadgets depend on an electrical pump or water pressure (not gravity) to operate. It is illegal in many places to resell used/old toilets. Understand some people are making trips to Canada to smuggle in toilets which work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm positive there is a legal requirement for cleanliness if it is an eating establishment, but I'm not sure about retail.I think it should be a legal requirement for no less than 2 stalls for any public building or school, but that's not obviously the case. -john

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm positive there is a legal requirement for cleanliness if it is an eating establishment, but I'm not sure about retail.I think it should be a legal requirement for no less than 2 stalls for any public building or school, but that's not obviously the case. -john

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.