Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Earlier in the year i started having crazy symptoms of dizziness, burning throat, fumes in my nose and eyes. I went to the doctor and after tests found out i had h.pylori. I have taken the antibiotics couple of months ago but i am still having these symptoms. Then last week i stumbled upon this article https://beatacidreflux.wordpress.com/ on acid reflux and i think this might be what i have. So i have decided to follow the guidance in the article. Anyone else got any ideas what to do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had h. pylori years ago with similar symptoms to acid reflux and GERD. My doctor initially did a blood test to verify the h. pylori. I did the package of antibiotics and then went back to the doctor for a stool sample to confirm the h. pylori was gone. If you have not retested to confirm elimination, you should absolutely do so and if you haven't tested via stool sample, I would highly recommend that as well. I also would recommend being tested for a bacterial overgrowth; a lot of times doctors write off bacterial overgrowth, but more and more studies are showing relevancy to this cause. Don't ignore your symptoms; h. pylori is serious and could cause major implications later in later.

Good luck and keep us updated.

-Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.