Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

BC Pill ?

874 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Canuck 
G
#1 ·
Hi girls!I was wondering how much the pill cost for you out there and which ones you're on? I am probably going to have to get it next week, however, I don't have any prescription insurance and this medication for IBS and gastritis is already costing a fortune every month. Any info will be appreciated. I would really appreciate any info from Canadian girls as I am canadian so the Canadian prices would be more useful -however, any info would be much appreciated
Thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
Hey Canuck!I've been on three different birth control methods in three months, two of them pills, and everything has been (on average) about 33 dollars US. I've been on Loestrin, Ortho-tri-cyclen and now I'm on the Nuva Ring, which is inserted, but it's basically the same stuff, just taken differently.
But all of them have been between 30 and 35 dollars US.Good luck to you!Amy

#10 ·
My Ortho Trycyclin and Marvelon are about $15 a month. But usually if you tell a doctor you have financial problems you can get them free. Maby women's places also give them and condoms out free.

#12 ·
I just went on The Pill for bad cramps and spotting in between periods.....I've taken if for 9 days so far and still spotting, I'm wondering if it'll ever stop. I was put on Lo/Ovral 28. My insurance copay is $11 but since my mom worked for the drug company Wyeth that makes my pill it's complely free.

#15 ·
I haven't called them since I started taking the pill last week. Today was day 10 and it was even heavier today. I saw the Nurse Practitioner she told me try 3 months worth of pills......and see how it goes. Then when I go back in 3 months she'll give me a full pelvic with a pap smear and the remaining subscription. I'm wondering if I should see a doctor instead of the NP. She did a pelvic and didn't feel anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.