Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i've suffered from servere gas for 7 years and the past 5 years with IBS D which is getting steadly worse. I have been trying to find something for the gas and in google searches Beano has been recommened lots?What are peoples opinion on this for bad gas?Also i live in the UK and when searching to buy its ridiculously expensive to get it shipped. Is there anything simular on the UK market or is it worth paying out to get it sent over.Thanks,Jane

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
470 Posts
Hi i've suffered from servere gas for 7 years and the past 5 years with IBS D which is getting steadly worse. I have been trying to find something for the gas and in google searches Beano has been recommened lots?What are peoples opinion on this for bad gas?Also i live in the UK and when searching to buy its ridiculously expensive to get it shipped. Is there anything simular on the UK market or is it worth paying out to get it sent over.Thanks,Jane
Don't know anything about Beano but you may want to try this as it may help you perhaps http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?/topic/126404-awesome-otc/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know anything about Beano but you may want to try this as it may help you perhaps http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?/topic/126404-awesome-otc/
That looks great, i'd love to try it, but as its a US product it's still difficult and expensive to get it shipped. One company quoted £20.45 plus £3.50 in tax fee's! on top of what the tablets cost. I've just had a look round and there doesnt seem to be any simular Uk products to that :(Thank you for taking the time to reply though, every suggestion is gratefully recieved!Jane

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
470 Posts
That looks great, i'd love to try it, but as its a US product it's still difficult and expensive to get it shipped. One company quoted £20.45 plus £3.50 in tax fee's! on top of what the tablets cost. I've just had a look round and there doesnt seem to be any simular Uk products to that :(Thank you for taking the time to reply though, every suggestion is gratefully recieved!Jane
You can get it at www.doctorvicks.com for about 16 US dollars (about £10) including shipping.Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can get it at www.doctorvicks.com for about 16 US dollars (about £10) including shipping.Good luck.
Thanks very much for the tip i went ahead and bought them from the website you recommended, very good price and they arrived in about 4 days (the website said to wait up to 30) so i'm very happy, will give them a go for a few weeks and let people know how i find them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Before trying Beano - let me tell you what happened to my husband. He was having very bad gas and tried it - and it worked - but.... then he had continuous backaches and acid indigestion. The doctor told him it was from the beano - he no longer had flatulence but very, very bad trapped gas. He then had to take medication to relieve the trapped gas - therefore, no more beano for him! For some - at least my husband, probiotics did relieve the bad gas and flatulence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm asking the same question with regard to enzymes in general. I wonder if the pain is causing the bloating and gas of the other way round. Obviously it is a cycle but which comes first. Not sure. I heard about beano in a prelim search and on the wiki page it say it enzymes based, but going by the above post it may have other things in it, or perhaps he got a dud batch.My thinking is it targets specially gas causing vegetables, which mightn't be the problem. Then again what do I know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.